Logbook of The World Setup Basics
Aether makes it easy to synchronize your logs with Logbook of The World (LoTW). It includes the ability to upload logs to LoTW as well as download confirmed QSLs. If you've never used LoTW before, you can set it up in Aether without any additional software. If you've already used LoTW with another logging program, or have set up your account following the ARRL's directions, some or all of the steps below may not be necessary. Please note that the ARRL's directions include downloading and using the TrustedQSL software. Use of TrustedQSL is entirely optional as Aether can perform all its functions.
Unfortunately, the Logbook of The World setup process is somewhat complicated. I've done my best to simplify the process in Aether. However, there are a number of steps that must be followed. These steps are shown below. Note that each step links to a separate page with detailed instructions.
- Request a certificate for your callsign.
- Install the certificate using Aether.
- Configure Aether for LoTW.
- Make sure you've filled in Station Info for your log that matches the information used to request your certificate.
- You're ready to start using LoTW in Aether!
For more about the overall LoTW process in Aether, please see this page.