This page includes information to help troubleshoot and solve common problems encountered when using Aether with eQSL.cc. It is a work in progress, and will be updated to include more information as time goes on.
If you're having trouble with eQSL.cc, and need to contact Aether support for help, it can be very useful to have a debug log. This log often will contain additional information I can use to help track down the problem. To generate a debug log, please do the following:
- Quit Aether.
- Start Aether up from your dock while holding down the shift key. (If Aether is not in your dock, put it there temporarily by dragging it there from Finder.) This will put Aether in debug mode.
- You'll know that it worked if you see a Debug menu to the right of the Help menu.
- Attempt to synchronize with eQSL.cc, hopefully provoking the error you're seeing.
- Dismiss the error alert (if any).
Choose Save Debug Log from the Debug menu:
Choose a name and location for the debug log. Your desktop is a good choice.
- Attach the log you saved to an email to me.
Please note that this currently is only possible in the non-app store version of Aether. If you've having trouble and are running the app store version, please contact Aether support.
If you're unable to solve the problem with eQSL using the information on this page, please contact Aether support.